Dear Central Family,
As Spirit-filled followers of Jesus, we believe God still heals today and wants His family well. At the same time, some of our church family members have tested positive for COVID-19. Thankfully, to our knowledge, none of them have contracted the virus on our campus, and are taking the proper measures to quarantine and communicate with those who they had close contact with. Let’s keep relying on the truth of God’s word for our church. One verse that I feel is for us in this time is, Malachi 4:2 "But for you who fear my name, the Sun of Righteousness will rise with healing in his wings. And you will go free, leaping with joy like calves let out to pasture."
As we pray for God’s protection and healing, there are some ways we can partner together to provide a safe environment at Central.
- First and foremost, do not let fear take root in your life. We have been given a spirit of power, love and a sound mind (2 Tim. 1:7).
- Exercise, get enough rest, and take steps to boost your immune system. Continue using healthy hygiene and mask-wearing habits. God has given us practical ways to protect our body.
- If you are willing to help deliver groceries or cook meals for families in quarantine, please e-mail
- Denise Dhans.
- If you are having any symptoms of illness, please stay home. Contact the church and we will pray with you and care for your needs.
- If you test positive for COVID-19, determine if you were on Central’s campus within 48 hours of developing symptoms. If so, please communicate with us and anyone you may have had ‘close contact’ with, which is ‘15 minutes of interaction within 6 feet.’
- We will communicate with those in any setting that may have had wide-spread exposure.
- We will continue to provide social distancing, while sanitizing high-touch surfaces in all ministry departments after each service.
Our goal is to keep Central a safe place to worship and so we are regularly evaluating what in-person ministries to host. One change that was made is for Thanksgiving Eve, which has transitioned to an ONLINE ONLY FORMAT on Wednesday, November 25 at 7:00pm on both Facebook and YouTube.
Although I wish things were different, we have no option but to be thankful for what Jesus has done for us and what God has given to us, even in 2020!! Central is an awesome church family and Charisse and I are honored to pastor you through these unique times.
Central Assembly of God